Do you love to cook and exchange recipes with friends and family? Like to talk about food, or just like to eat? If so, join the friends of the Del Paso Heights and North Sacramento/Hagginwood Libraries as we create our first ever community cookbook – Potluck. Whether it’s a story about your first attempt at baking bread, your great-grandmother’s apple pie recipe or a dish you always bring to a potluck, we want it. You can submit as many recipes and stories as you wish, even poetry, photographs and artwork. Stories can be as simple as where the recipe came from or up to 500 words of your favorite food memory
Be sure to include the following:
- Your full name, address, phone number and email contact information.
- Category of dish (breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, drink, snack, casserole)
- List all ingredients in order of use.
- Provide step-by-step directions or a paragraph describing how to create the recipe.
- Include container sizes, e.g., 16-oz. Pkg., 24-oz. Can.
- Keep directions in paragraph form-not in steps.
- Use names of ingredients in the directions, e.g., “Combine flour and sugar.” Do not use statements like, “Combine first three ingredients.”
- Include temperatures and cooking, chilling, baking, and/or freezing times.
- Include either the story behind this recipe or where the original recipe came from. What makes it so special or delicious? Have you served it any memorable occasion?
- If you handwrite your recipe and story, please write legibly.
You can submit your recipes and stories by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than August 31, 2012. By snail mail to Potluck: Del Paso Heights Library, 920 Grand Avenue, Sacramento or drop it off in the Potluck box, located at both the Del Paso Heights Library and North Sacramento/Hagginwood Library.
We’ll hold a series of workshops on the last Wednesday of the month at Del Paso Heights Library starting with a Potluck at noon, followed by a time to share from 1:30 to 2:30 pm. Plus, four community workshops at North Sacramento-Hagginwood Library and elsewhere.
For more information check out our blog at foodtalksacramento.com/potluck-recipes-and-stories/
Or call 916-768-6077.